Special Event Permits
Thank you for your interest in bringing a special event to Deerfield Township. Community based special events foster community pride and help make Deerfield Township a great place to live, work, and play!
Special Events are festivals, performances, competitions, or other organized public events in which public rights of way or public property will be used or significantly impacted as a result of the event and which may require the involvement of Township personnel and equipment dedicated to assisting in the event. (Block Parties and private events at the Snyder House utilize different forms and do not require a Special Event Permit.)
The Deerfield Township Parks and Recreation Department manages Special Event Permits and will be your primary contact during the application process. If you have any questions during the process, please feel free to contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 513.701.6977.
Special events help welcome visitors from other areas to Deerfield Township and celebrate our great community. To promote and strengthen our community identity, we ask that you recognize Deerfield Township as the location of your event and include the Deerfield Township logo on all promotional, advertising, signage, and event media. Please request a copy of our Logo Use Policy for specific guidelines.
IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR 2021 EVENTS
Please note that the deadline to submit the Special Event Request form has been extended from October 1, 2020 to December 1, 2020.
Special Event Permit Contact
Deadlines for Event Organizers
STEP #1: ONLINE SPECIAL EVENT REQUEST APPLICATION
- Online Special Event Pre-Application Form: Due October 1st of the year prior to the event
- Special Event Permit Application Packet: Due 90 days prior to the event
All Special Event Pre-Application Forms must be submitted by October 1st of the year prior to an event. (i.e. 2021 events must have a request form submitted by October 1, 2020)
Due to staffing and budgetary constraints, not all event requests can be approved. The Special Event Pre-Application Form is used to prioritize events and is not final approval. Applicants who submit the Special Event Pre-Application Form by the deadline will be notified of their status by February 1st.
Online Application Steps
STEP #2: SPECIAL EVENT PERMIT APPLICATION PACKET
- Special Event Pre-Application Form (You will be asked to log into your organization's account in order to complete the form. If you do not have an organizational account, it will prompt you to create one.)
- Once you have finished completing the form, please click on the "Submit" button.
- You should then be brought to a confirmation screen stating that your request has been submitted.
- Deerfield Township will notify applicants of the status of requests by February 1st. Please contact Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513.701.6977 for questions.
A Special Event Pre-Application Form is required prior to the completion of the Special Event Permit Application Packet. Please see above for details on submitting a Special Event Request.
For applicants who have received preliminary approval on the Special Event Pre-Application and received a Special Event Request Code, please click here to access the full Special Event Permit Application Packet.
The completed Special Event Permit Application Packet must be submitted to Deerfield Township at least 90 days prior to the event. A comprehensive site plan, insurance certificate, and emergency action plan must accompany the application. (Additional permits may be required for specific features of an event, such as tents, signs, generators, etc. The need for supplemental permits is noted throughout the application.)
Insurance: Coverage must be a minimum of one million dollars and include bodily injury and property damage liability. If your event is to be held on Township property and you are inviting the general public, Deerfield Township must be listed as an additional insured on the policy. No permits will be issued without an insurance certificate.
COVID-19 Supplemental Documentation: Please note that the following additional documentation is required for Special Event Permits until further notice:
1. Deerfield Coronavirus (COVID-19) Acknowledgement and Assumption of Risk waiver
2. Written COVID-19 Safety Plan that aligns with the sector specific requirements of Responsible RestartOhio for the applicable purpose and use. (For the most current requirements, please visit coronavirus.ohio.org.)